Memes du Semaine: 25 Random Things, and 2 others
Posted by danspira
- “25 Random Things About Me” is the latest in a rash of viral memes where you post a Note on Facebook following certain instructions, and “tag” your friends who then must repeat the same. In a recent TIME article, Claire Suddath rips aparts the “25 Random Things About Me” meme, irritably. I fell for a previous Facebook-Social-Virus, the “grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4” meme which used the Facebook Status Update / Comment function as its propagation mechanism… not as effective for spreading across networks. Some of my closest friends and I have debated the merits of “25 Random Things.” I watched them cave into pressure as more and more of their closest friends jumped in… kind of like how they decided to join Facebook in the first place ( “ok, if I receive another three of these invites from my real life friends I guess I’ll have to see what all the fuss is about…”) . In the end (well, do far…), I didn’t (haven’t yet) bite (bitten). For one thing, I’ve got a blog, which is plenty of online exhibitionism already. Must… resist… urge… to… obsess… about… myself…
UPDATE: Some funny variations on the “25 Random Things” meme:
2.5 Random Things about me1) I have never been good at math – decimals confuse me.
2) In my teens I jumped out of an airplane, was head cadet of my school, was the captain of the shooting team, head of house, co-ran the school bar and still managed to do bad things without being caught.
3) I rarely
This is just another one of those “getting to know you” memes going around Facebook! I decided to write my own to ask the questions I wanted to know about my friends! Please copy and paste this into a new Note, then answer the questions and tag 25 of your friends. Don’t forget to tag me, too!!!
1. What is your full name?
2. Where were you born?
3. What is your mother’s maiden name?
4. What was the name of the street you grew up on?
5. What was the name of your childhood pet?
6. What is your favorite sports team?
7. What are the last four digits of your social security number?
(tip ‘o the hat to Steve & Chaim/Akil)
- The New Liberal Arts : Something on my mind for a long time now: What *are* the new core competencies for survival in our nutty world? Photoshop? GAAP? Improv comedy?
- “Hey, What’s That SMELL??” Mystery Solved : Reminds me of a line from a book, “New York City is the only place where you can be woken up in the middle of the night suddenly by a smell.” Turns out it was fenugreek. Well, we know that isn’t a Ricola throat drop ingredient, at least.